Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Does Color Matter?

Okay, I know you are going to think I'm crazy for writing about this and, you probably distantly hear the theme from the Twilight Zone playing, but when I get something on my mind I just have to find out about it and today was the day I decided to inquire.  There are certain colors that I just love, and one color that I have been in love with for years is seafoam green.  When I was a little girl I wanted the box of 64 Crayola Crayons just to get the seafoam green!  When we built our house 23 years ago my primary color of decor was seafoam green, the eggs that I blogged about were beautiful because they were tones of aqua and seafoam green,  and today I wore a sweater that I just can't stop looking at and guess what...it's aqua green.  I decided I needed to find out why I am drawn to that color so I googled it (I google everything) and found several websites dedicated to the phychology of color.  When I have time I will read deeper but what I did find was some interesting information you might like to explore!  I now know why I'm hungry from the time I walk into my classroom until I leave at the end of the day....it's yellow and that evokes hunger.  OMG...I'm in trouble!  I also took a test that I found on this webpage about The Meaning of Color.  It was right on the money...I couldn't believe how close it came to my personality and feelings.  Here are a few other resouces about color you might like.  I can't wait to read more and find out just why I love seafoam green!!  Have fun searching! 
~Becky

Websmart Color - helps you figure out web colors for your webpage or blog
Color Theory - How color affects us


2 comments:

  1. I am a friend of Brooke's. . . I am so excited you brought this up! I found a link just last week to something called "Colorstrology". I LOVE yellow and it does say that June's color is a shade of yellow, but what I found more interesting was my specific color for June 4 is "green glow". I looked around my house and I have tons of things this color. I had never thought of it as a favorite, but I do seem to surround myself with it. Check it out here: http://www.colorstrology.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea foam green is really pretty! Thanks for sharing this, i cant wait to see what my favorite color means!

    ReplyDelete